Chiropractors are remarkably unique in the health care industry because they are the only professionals trained to detect and treat subluxations.
What Is A Subluxation: A subluxation is the term given to a vertebra that is misaligned in the spinal column. This distortion causes stress on the body.
What Causes Subluxations: Subluxations can be caused by physical, chemical, and emotional activity. Physical causes are things such as acute trauma to the body, repetitive motions affecting the spine, bad postural habits, improper workstation habits and design, and weak or imbalanced spinal musculature. Chemical causes are things like poor dietary and nutritional practices, drug and alcohol use and abuse, and the ingestion of chemical toxins in the foods we eat, air we breath, and water we drink. Emotional causes are stress.
How Are Subluxations Corrected: Subluxations can be corrected with a variety of techniques, but the primary one utilized by chiropractors is the spinal adjustment.
- Signs & Symptoms of A Subluxation:
- neck pain, tenderness, soreness and stiffness
- back pain, tenderness, soreness and stiffness
- dizziness or balance problems
- spinal muscle spasm, tightness or weakness
- reduced spinal mobility
- pain, numbness or tingling in the extremities
- joint pain and stiffness
- low energy
- poor overall state of health
- poor tissue healing